One of my favorite holidays is just around the corner. Not because I love colored eggs and fuzzy bunnies. But because I love the finished work of Christ on the Cross. And since I’ve published lots of resources over the years related to that event, I’ve decided to group them all together in this Ultimate List of Easter Ideas and Printables.
Below you’ll find links to Bible-based coloring pages, scripture chains, trivia tests, music videos, gospel tracts, conversation starters, and lots of other resources that will help you celebrate our Savior’s victory over sin, death, and the grave. For Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!
Ultimate List of Easter Ideas and Printables
- Lent Scripture Chain – Use this simple printable to keep your hearts focused on Jesus as you count down the days until Easter
- Resurrection Day Word Find – Race your family and friends to see who’ll be first to locate them all.
- Resurrection Day Word Scramble – Can you decipher these mixed-up words? Don’t let those initial capitals trip you up!
- Scrambled Bible Verse Puzzles – Hide the egg-shaped puzzle pieces, then let little ones race to see who can find and reconstitute their verse first.
- DIY Resurrection Eggs – Download our free printable or follow these DIY directions to share the Easter story in a way kids won’t soon forget
- Passion Week Trivia Quiz – Test your knowledge of the events occurring during the week leading up to Christ’s crucifixion.
- Greater Love Coloring Page – This hand-drawn printable features John 15:13 “Greater love hath no one that this, that he lay down his life for a friend.”
- Behold the Lamb Coloring Page – Jesus is our sacrificial lamb “who came to take away the sin of the world.”
- Hosanna in the Highest – Use this coloring page to discuss the welcome Jesus received when He rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday.
- House of Prayer – This coloring page features the words Jesus spoke while cleansing the temple on Holy Monday.
- Servant of All Coloring Page – This printable depicts Christ’s washing the disciples’ feet at the last supper.
- No Fault in This Man Coloring Page – This gorgeous religious artwork shows Pilate washing his hands to absolve himself in the matter of Jesus’ death.
- He Carried Our Sorrows Coloring Page – And aren’t you glad He did?
- Dividing His Garments – This coloring page features some gorgeous vintage artwork along with John 19:24, the passage where the soldiers discuss what to do with Christ’s clothing.
- Nailed to a Cross Coloring Page – More vintage artwork depicting the ultimate sacrifice — perfect for coloring on Good Friday.
- Cross of Christ Coloring Page – This free printable features a hand-drawn original by yours truly.
- It Is Finished Coloring Page – This coloring page features a verse from one of my favorite Easter hymns.
- He is Risen Coloring Page – a simple, black line coloring page proclaiming the good news of Christ’s resurrection
- I AM the Resurrection Coloring Page – One of the seven “I AM” sayings of Christ — I made a coloring page for each.
- A Fragrant Aroma Coloring Page – Jesus paid the penalty for our sin, and His sacrifice was a fragrant aroma to the Lord.
- The Good News of Easter – These six, free printable tracts share the good news of God’s salvation in simple, Easter-themed language and imagery.
- Jelly Bean Prayer – Here’s another sweet way to share the good news of salvation.
- 3 Original Music Videos for Easter – I wrote Christ-centered lyrics to several popular songs and enlisted the kids to help me film them.
- Should Christians Celebrate Lent? – If you, like I, did not grow up in a church that celebrated the Lenten season, you may wonder if it’s okay for you to do so. Here’s my response to one reader who asked this question.
- Easter-Themed Conversation Starters – More discussion prompts to pose to family and friends to get them talking around the dinner table.
That’s everything on my “Ultimate List of Easter Printables” for now, but I will be adding to this collection as I post new free, faith-based Easter resources in the future, so bookmark or pin the page for easy reference next year!
And for even more help on focusing your heart on the real meaning of this season, check out Because He Lives, my devotional journal for advent. I pull my own copy out every year about this time and complete a dozen or more pages.