Today is Palm Sunday and the first day of Christ’s passion week. In honor of the occasion, I created the following Passion Week Quiz to test your knowledge of events during the final week before the Jesus’s death.
This test is organized like the “Name that Line” Quiz I published last Christmas. Only, instead of fictionalized movie quotes, these are the actual words of people connected with Jesus’s crucifixion, as recorded in Scripture.
So test yourself. How familiar are you with the lesser known details of the Easter story?
The printable version of this quiz contains an answer key on page two of the PDF (no fair peeking early!). For the online version below, you can click on the scripture references to read any quote you’re unsure of.
Who Said What?
- “I find no guilt in this man.” (Luke 23:4)
- “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!” (Matt. 21:9)
- “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:34)
- “Remember me when you come into your kingdom.” (Luke 23:42)
- “It is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.” (John 11:49-50)
- “Why seek you the living among the dead?” (Luke 24:5)
- “Even if I have to die with you, I will not deny You” (Matt. 26:33)
- “Crucify Him! Crucify Him!” (Luke 23:21)
- “Surely this was the son of God.” (Matt. 27:54)
- “He has uttered blasphemy. What further witnesses do we need?” (Matt. 26:65)
- “I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.” (Matt. 27:4)
- “Have nothing to do with that righteous man, for I have suffered much because of him today in a dream.” (Matt. 27:19)
- “This is Jesus, the King of the Jews.” (Matt. 27:37)
- “Order the tomb to be made secure until the third day, lest his disciples go and steal him away.” (Matt. 27:64)
- “Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to take him down.” (Mark 15:36)
- “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?” (Mark 16:3)
- “If you are the King of the Jews, save yourself!” (Luke 23:37)
- “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?” (Luke 24:18)
- “Peace to you!” (Luke 24:36)
- “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.” (John 20:25)
So that’s it. How did you do? Did any of the quotes in our Passion Week Quiz stump you?
For Further Study:
This quiz was originally published in my new devotional journal, Because He Lives. Going through this book is one of the easiest ways I know to experience a truly Christ-centered holiday.
You can find it, along with the other titles in this series, on Amazon.