We believe in a sure foundation
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.”
“For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
I Corinthians 3:11
“So this is what the Lord GOD says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; the one who believes will never be shaken.”
We want to be wise builders
We talk a lot about building our homes, our marriages, our families upon “a sure foundation”, but some of our readers may wonder what “foundation” we mean. We are using this analogy to describe the fact that our faith in Jesus Christ is the bedrock of our lives.
Our beliefs, our choices, our motives, our decisions, our thoughts, our words, our actions are all ultimately based upon our relationship to Him. He is our reason for living.
We believe God’s Word is true
PUT YOUR FAITH IN CHRIST TODAY!
- John 3:16 — “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
- Romans 5:8 — “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Romans 3:23 — “…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God….”
- Romans 6:23 — “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 — “He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we may be made the righteousness of God through Him.”
- Romans 10:9-10 — “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
- Romans 10:13 — “…for whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
We want to grow in our Christian faith
Whether you are new to the faith or have been a Christian for years, we encourage you to build upon that foundation through daily Bible study and prayer. God’s Word is holy and will never fail. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
So immerse yourself in Scripture. The Gospel of John is a good place to start. You may download the gospel of John for free by clicking here. Pray that God will give you a heart to understand and apply all you read. He promises to give wisdom to all who ask (James 1:5).