This week’s coloring page is taken from John 11:25, “I AM the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live, even if he dies.”
I cannot think of a better topic for a coloring page on Easter Sunday that this one. Nor can I imagine a more timely promise in the midst of a pandemic. “He who believes in Me will live, even if he dies.”
Life in Christ. Victory over sin and death and the gave. This is the hope of the gospel in a nutshell.
Man’s Helpless Estate
Our days are numbered. Each of us must face death, sooner or later.
- “[God] made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before [Him]. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.” (Psalm 39:5)
- “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” (James 4:14)
- “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” (Matthew 6:27)
- “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
- “Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment, so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.” (Hebrews 9:27-28)
God’s Saving Grace
But God has not left us to perish in our sins. Jesus died in our stead, that we might live eternally with Him.
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- “He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we may be made the righteousness of God through Him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
- “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10)
- “…for Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
This is the message of Easter. Easter is the story of hope. It is a celebration of victory. It is a remembrance that Jesus died, was buried, then arose from the grave, thereby conquering death and reconciling sinners to God who put their faith and trust in Him.
If you’ve never done that before, I urge you to do so without delay. You cannot afford to delay such a decision a day longer. Choose Christ. Choose life.
“I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. So choose life, so that you and your descendants may live, and that you may love the LORD your God, obey Him, and hold fast to Him.” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)