This week’s coloring page is based on 1 John 3:18 – “Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.”
Love is so much more than a warm, fuzzy feeling. Love is a verb. It’s a commitment. It’s a choice to act in the best interest of your beloved, no matter what the cost.
Jesus loves us in this perfect, undefiled, self-sacrificial way. And He commands us to model our love for others after His love for us.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” (John 13:34)
I hope you’ll enjoy coloring this “Love in Deed and Truth” printable. I love the vintage drawing at the top of a young mother tenderly caring for her child. Isn’t it sweet?
I’ll be publishing another mother-and-child coloring picture next week for Mother’s Day. Meanwhile, if you’re wondering what to get Mom for her special day, below are a few ideas she’s sure to appreciate.
Gift Ideas to Celebrate Mothers:
- If her love language is gifts, consider getting her a copy of my book Sweet Child of Mine. It’s a beautiful devotional journal I created especially for mothers.
- Is your mom’s love language acts of service? Then give her our homemade coupon book promising help with chores, breakfast in bed, and a cup of hot tea or coffee made to order.
- If she prefers words of affirmation, download one of our pretty blank cards and write her a heartfelt letter telling her all the things you most appreciate about her.
- If you mother’s love language is quality time, plan a nice activity the two of you can do one evening this week, even if it’s just downloading a few of our free coloring pages to work on together.
- And if your mom’s love language is physical touch? The give her a nice back rub or foot massage!
Hope this is enough to get your mental wheels turning. Meanwhile, I’ll see you back next Sunday with more coloring pages.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SITE!!! i lead a faith sharing group of developmentally disabled adults who love to color! your coloring sheets work as a springboard to lessons as well as complementing lessons! God bless you!
Jennifer Flanders says
It makes me so happy to know my coloring pages are being used that way, Susan. Thank you for taking the time to write and tell me that. Blessings on your work and ministry!
Lynn Floyd Wright says
Love is a verb… I tell my children this all the time. Thanks for reinforcing!
Jennifer Flanders says
You’re welcome, Lynn. Thanks for raising them right! 🙂