Love is so much more than a warm, fuzzy feeling. Love is a verb. It’s a commitment. It’s a choice to act in the best interest of your beloved, no matter what the cost.
Jesus loves us in this perfect, undefiled, self-sacrificial way. And He commands us to model our love for others after His love for us.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” (John 13:34)
I hope you’ll enjoy coloring this “Love in Deed and Truth” printable. I love the vintage drawing at the top of a young mother tenderly caring for her child. Isn’t it sweet?
I’ll be publishing another mother-and-child coloring picture next week for Mother’s Day. Meanwhile, if you’re wondering what to get Mom for her special day, below are a few ideas she’s sure to appreciate.
Gift Ideas to Celebrate Mothers:
- If her love language is gifts, consider getting her a copy of my book Sweet Child of Mine. It’s a beautiful devotional journal I created especially for mothers.
- Is your mom’s love language acts of service? Then give her our homemade coupon book promising help with chores, breakfast in bed, and a cup of hot tea or coffee made to order.
- If she prefers words of affirmation, download one of our pretty blank cards and write her a heartfelt letter telling her all the things you most appreciate about her.
- If you mother’s love language is quality time, plan a nice activity the two of you can do one evening this week, even if it’s just downloading a few of our free coloring pages to work on together.
- And if your mom’s love language is physical touch? The give her a nice back rub or foot massage!
Hope this is enough to get your mental wheels turning. Meanwhile, I’ll see you back next Sunday with more coloring pages.