Although I seldom agree with Barack Obama’s policies, I admire his eloquence. You have to admit, the man has a way with words! Even when the words he was speaking were put in his mouth by presidential speech writers, he consistently delivered them with dignity, grace, and oodles of charisma. Plus, some of the things he’s said publicly ring 100% true, like the quote featured on our new Barack Obama Coloring Page, which I’m publishing today in honor of our 44th president’s birthday.
As noted in this free printable, President Obama suggests, “The way to live a full life is to think, ‘What can I do for others?'” That’s great advice, isn’t it? And it even echoes Biblical commands to believers:
- “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility consider one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:3-4)
- “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor.” (Romans 12:10)
- “For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” (Galatians 5:13)
- “Carry one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
- “…whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant; and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all.” (Mark 10:43-44)
All those, my friend, are words to live by! How will you put them into practice today?
More American Heritage Printables
Want more fun printables for folks who love America and long for it to be great again? You can download all you want through the links below:
- American Heritage Printables – browse through all of our past patriotic posts
- Fourth of July Coloring Pages – download a wide selection of pages celebrating American independence
- President’s Day Printables – a collection of coloring pages that feature quotes from our past commanders-in-chief
Or maybe you’d prefer a bound volume. If so, check out my devotional journals. The one in the center of the lineup below, God Bless America, was made just for patriotic citizens like you.
Packed with inspiring thoughts from our founding fathers and other great Americans, this journal will inspire you to think deeply about what it means to be a citizen of this great country. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten? Consider how you feel about these matters and use the space provided to write down your thoughts.
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!