Top o’ the mornin’ to you, me lads and lassies! I hope you’re having a splendid, pinch-free Saint Patrick’s Day. The word scramble I’m sharing today should help you celebrate.
To play, set a timer and race your friends and/or family members to see who can unscramble the most words in the shortest amount of time. Here’s a short sampling:
Don’t let the initial capitals trip you up! I just added those in to make the game more challenging. 😊 Also, one more hint: I know Saint Patrick’s Day falls in MARCH, but those same letters form a different scrambled word that is also associated with luck and leprechauns. So hunt for it!
You can print full page copies of this word scramble (like the one pictured above), or conserve paper and ink by printing the half-size sheets below, then cutting them in two.
More Saint Patrick’s Day Resources
Want to extend the Saint Patrick’s Day fun? Then check out the following links.
- It’s Not Easy Being Green Trivia Quiz – How many of these green characters from movies and literature can you correctly identify?
- St. Patrick’s Day Pennant Banners – String up our “Top o’ the Mornin'” or “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” banners to deck your halls for St. Paddy’s Day.
- How to Host a Leprechaun Lunch – So many of our favorite foods are green, it’s always been easy to make a full meal out of just that color (what we call “green cuisine”).
- An Irish Blessing to Color – “May there always be work for your hands to do/ May your purse always hold a coin or two… “
- More Fun Ways to Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day – Check out these books, films, and other fresh ideas for making this day both memorable and educational.
Leave a Reply