Today marks another presidential birthday. So in honor of our nation’s 22nd (and 24th!) president, I’m sharing this brand new Grover Cleveland coloring page to help celebrate.
For some presidents, it’s a challenge to find a quote to feature on such a coloring page, because some presidents say so little I agree with. Not so with Grover Cleveland.
It was only difficult to pick a quote for this free printable because Cleveland had so many great quotes to choose from. Here’s a small sampling:
- “I know there is a Supreme Being who rules the affairs of men and whose goodness and mercy have always followed the American people, and I know He will not turn from us now if we humbly and reverently seek His powerful aid.”
- “The ship of Democracy, which has weathered all storms, may sink through the mutiny of those aboard.”
- “Once the coffers of the federal government are opened to the public, there will be no shutting them again.”
- “It is the responsibility of the citizens to support their government. It is not the responsibility of the government to support its citizens.”
- “All must admit that the reception of the teachings of Christ results in the purest patriotism, in the most scrupulous fidelity to public trust, and in the best type of citizenship.”
Plus the quote featured on this coloring page…
Again, his words are as timely for us today as they were when he first uttered them. And so was his tenure as president. After voting him out of office following his first term, America decided they liked his brand of leadership after all and reinstalled him in the White House after the 4-year hiatus. That wouldn’t be a bad example for voters to follow in 2024!
More American Heritage Printables
Want more fun printables for folks who love America and long for it to be great again? You can browse through all of our past patriotic posts by following this link: American Heritage Printables. And for more great quotes from our past commanders-in-chief, check out this President’s Day post.
Or maybe you’d prefer a bound volume. If so, check out my devotional journals. The one in the center of the lineup below, God Bless America, was made just for patriotic citizens like you.
Packed with inspiring thoughts from our founding fathers and other great Americans, this journal will inspire you to think deeply about what it means to be a citizen of this great country. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten? Consider how you feel about these matters and use the space provided to write down your thoughts.
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!