Although Constitution Day technically falls on September 17 (tomorrow), the US is officially observing it a day early this year.
I’m all for celebrating the US Constitution, so I thought I’d share a Constitution Day coloring page today. It was originally published in my devotional journal, God Bless America.
This free printable features a quote by Thomas Jefferson.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have.”
This understanding led America’s founders to establish the kind of limited government we have. With lots of checks and balances. And a Constitution unlike any ever written.
The thing I love most about The US Constitution? The fact it’s based on a firm belief in the sovereignty of God and a right understanding of the fallen nature of man.
The closer our country sticks to the original intent of the Constitution, the better off we’ll be. The further we stray from the principles upon which our system of government was established, the more swiftly our country will crumble.
Of course, it’s hard to protect and preserve something you don’t know and understand. That’s one reason we send our kids to TeenPact.
TeenPact State Classes provide a wonderful, hands-on way for students to learn about government and the political process. Register for 2017 classes before the end of the month, and you can save $30 per student.
More American Heritage Printables
If you like today’s printables, you may want to check out the following posts, as well:
- Historic National Documents – printable versions of the Declaration of Independence, the Preamble to the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights
- National Anthem Printables – printable versions of “The Star-Spangled Banner” and the Pledge of Allegiance
- Patriotic Quotes – “United we stand, divided we fall,” “God bless the USA,” plus famous quotes from JFK and Daniel Webster
- Armed Forces Day Printables – coloring pages featuring the military anthems for all branches of the military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard
- Praying for Your Country – a printable prayer guide for the US, with a customizable version for citizens of other nations
Want even more fun printables for folks who love America and long for it to be great again? You can browse through all of our past patriotic posts by following this link: American Heritage Printables. And for more great quotes from our past commanders-in-chief, check out this President’s Day post.
Are you looking for something more durable than loose-leaf copies? You’ll find all these designs and more — 218 pages worth! — in God Bless America, a devotional journal for folks who love this country like I do.
Packed with inspiring thoughts from our founding fathers and other great Americans, this journal will inspire you to think deeply about what it means to be a citizen of this great country. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten? Consider how you feel about these matters and use the space provided to write down your thoughts.