July is “Anti-Boredom Month.” Maybe that’s because kids have been on summer break for so long that they’ve run out of things to do.
But I never run out of things to do, and I’m never, ever bored. In fact, I can think of more things I’d enjoy doing, more projects, more books to write, more books to read, and more places to go than I could possibly squeeze into the years I have remaining.
I can’t do them all. But, if I’m wise, I can fit in the most important ones. I can do those things that matter most.
The trick is recognizing which things really matter and which don’t. Sometimes it’s a challenge to choose wisely. That’s why I often pray the verse on today’s Number Your Days coloring page:
Lord, “teach us to number our days, That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12)
So … next time your kids complain of being bored, point them toward a few good options and teach them to pray for wisdom to use wisely the time God has so graciously given.
Boredome Busters for Every Season
- 50 Things to Do for Summer Fun – Make the most of your break from school. Here are plenty of ideas to keep you busy through the warm weather months.
- 50 Fun Family Activities for Fall – Break out the bulky sweaters and the pumpkin lattes! This list will help you make fun family memories when the trees lose their leaves and the air turns crisp.
- 50 Fun Christmas Activities – This list is specifically for celebrating Advent. Make your Christmas more merry and bright by adding some of these activities to your family calendar.
- 50 Fun Family Activities for Spring – Just the thing when you’ve been cooped up all winter. Lots of ideas here for enjoying some fresh air and sunshine!
- 50 Things to Do for Winter Fun – We don’t get much chance to walk through a winter wonderland here in the south, but there’s lots more fun to be had during this final season of the year.
- 50 Frugal Ideas for Family Fun – Don’t feel like fun has to cost an arm and a leg. Here’s 50 ways to make priceless memories on the cheap.
- 50 Wholesome, Quick & Easy Snack Ideas – And last comes a list for my more health-conscious readers. Keep your families well-fueled with these delicious, nutritious snack ideas.
- 50 Ways to Enjoy the Great Outdoors – Get up and get going. Here are 50 ways to make the most of your time outside.