I can scarcely believe summer break is already over, and it’s time to head back to class. This Back-to-School Banner will help you send your students off in style.
If you print it on heavy card stock, you can to re-use the same banner year after year. I used a paper cutter to trim the outer edges and a pair of sharp scissors to cut forks into the pennants along the bottom. You needn’t trim the top edge at all.
To assemble, fold along the top edge where the color starts, then tape to a piece of string. You’ll need to take care to tape the letters in the proper order. I’ve been known to put an entire banner together going backwards!
Want more ideas for celebrating the start of a new school year? Check out these posts:
- Free Printable Prayer Guide for the new school year
- Back-to-School Coloring Page reminds students to study hard
- Colorful Weekly Schedule for keeping track of classes and extracurricular activities
- Free Printable Report Cards for tracking homeschool grades
- Editable High School Transcript for college-bound homeschoolers
- Back-to-School Picture Books to read with your little ones
- Favorite Chapter Books about starting back to school
Best wishes to you and yours as you start back to school, in whatever form that takes this year!
And, because you can’t expect kids to focus on their schoolwork without first eating the most important meal of the day, you may also want to browse through our family’s favorite breakfast recipes. Or get a copy of my book, Sit Down & Eat!