Today’s Herbert Hoover’s birthday, so the coloring page I’m sharing is in his honor. Herbert Hoover Coloring Page.
The 31st president of these United States served our country from 1929 to 1933, but this quote sounds as if he might’ve been talking about modern times.
“Every collectivist revolution rides in on a Trojan horse of emergency.”
The collectivists in our country have certainly made good use of the emergencies we’ve faced during the past couple of years, haven’t they?
More Words of Wisdom from Herbert Hoover
Hoover was full of pithy quotes and insightful observations. Here are a few of my favorites, among many:
- “It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own.”
- “We need to add to the three R’s, namely Reading, ‘Riting, and ‘Rithmetic, a fourth— RESPONSIBILITY.”
- “Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity.”
- “Be patient and calm; no one can catch fish in anger.”
More American Heritage Printables
Want more fun printables for folks who love America and long for it to be great again? You can download all you want through the links below:
- American Heritage Printables – browse through all of our past patriotic posts
- Fourth of July Coloring Pages – download a wide selection of pages celebrating American independence
- President’s Day Printables – a collection of coloring pages that feature quotes from our past commanders-in-chief
Or maybe you’d prefer a bound volume. If so, check out my devotional journals. The one in the center of the lineup below, God Bless America, was made just for patriotic citizens like you.
Packed with inspiring thoughts from our founding fathers and other great Americans, this journal will inspire you to think deeply about what it means to be a citizen of this great country. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten? Consider how you feel about these matters and use the space provided to write down your thoughts.
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!