It’s been awhile since I’ve published any of my free printable dinnertime discussion prompts, but since summer reading programs are now in full swing, I thought a few Conversation Starters for Book Lovers might be in order.
Our family loves to read. We read lots of books aloud — even though our children are mostly grown now.
But we also read lots of books individually, then discuss what we’ve read. Those are the kinds of conversations these discussion prompts are meant to elicit. Questions such as the following examples…
Conversation Starters for Book Lovers
- Think of a hardship a book character has had to overcome. Would you do things any differently?
- Imagine you’re visiting the world’s best library. What section will you head for first?
- Has a book ever made you cry so hard you couldn’t see the page? Which one?
- If you could host 10 book characters for dinner, whom would you invite?
- Can you think of any book for which you liked the movie better?
- If you could write a bestselling book, what would it be about?
- If you could send a book character a letter of warning, what would you say?
More good questions
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!