In celebration of Ronald Reagan Day (today!), I’m sharing one of my favorite quotes from our 40th president.”If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, we will be one nation gone under.” This is so true. And we’ve begun seeing the effects of such a lapse in memory even today. So, as a reminder of our religious heritage, I’ve turned Reagan’s quote into this One Nation Under God coloring page. Enjoy!
Our beloved President Reagan would’ve turned 110 today. His was the first presidential race I ever voted in. For that and many other reasons, he will always hold a special place in my heart.
More Ronald Reagan Quotes
Reagan was full of common sense and pithy sayings. Below, I’ve reprinted a few more of my favorite “Reaganisms.” Enjoy!
- “Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.”
- “Man is not free unless government is limited.”
- “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.'”
- “As government expands, liberty contracts.”
- “I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
- “There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.”
- “Sometimes when I’m faced with an atheist, I am tempted to invite him to the greatest gourmet dinner that one could ever serve, and when we have finished eating that magnificent dinner, to ask him if he believes there’s a cook.”
- “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
- “It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so.”
- “Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.”
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
Note: You’ll find more wonderful quotes from other past Commanders-in-Chief in this President’s Day post.
More Soul-Stirring Words for Patriots
Do you love the LORD, love our country, and love American history? Then check out God Bless America, made especially for patriots like you! It joins my growing collection of devotional journals. With twelve titles now in the series, there is something for nearly everyone.
My goal in creating this particular journal? To inspire readers to think deeply about what it means to be an American. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten? Every page features beautiful vintage artwork along with a scripture verse, a writing prompt, or a historical quote. I hope you’ll enjoy using the space provided to write down your thoughts.