This week’s coloring page is a reminder that everything we do should be done heartily or willingly and with enthusiasm:
The sentiment is really a combination of two Bible verses, one from the Old Testament and one from the New:
- “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might…” (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
- “Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men.” (Colossians 3:23)
Shouldn’t that be our goal? To do whatever work we’ve been given to do as if the assignment came straight from the Lord? Because it has. As Ephesians 2:10 tells us, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.”
Do Your Work Heartily
In my case, many of the “good works” God has given me to do revolve around my roles as a wife, homeschooler, and stay-at-home mom. Those roles carry with them responsibilities such as:
- managing a big family and busy household
- preparing tasty, nourishing meals
- investing in my marriage to keep that relationship healthy and strong
- teaching and training my children so they will grow into responsible, caring adults
- showing hospitality to friends
- keeping our home well-organized and clutter-free
To help me do all those jobs to the best of my abilities, I look first and foremost to the LORD. I read His word daily and pray for the wisdom and strength He promises to those who ask. (James 1:5; Isaiah 40:31)
Beyond that, I read other books that offer practical advice for tackling each of these different areas in intentional ways. You can find some of my favorites here.
More Resources for Readers who Color
In the meantime, take a look at my devotional journals. At over 200 pages a piece, they are packed with writing prompts, coloring pages, word studies, and lots and lots of Bible verses. Read more about them here.
Or — if you’d prefer to skip the journaling exercises — check out my Scripture-based coloring books. Although I designed these with grown-ups in mind, they are good for all ages.