Since Independence Day is only a week away, today I’m sharing our God Bless the USA Coloring Page. I know I normally post scripture verses to color on Sundays. But this page is more of a short prayer for our country.
It’s an acknowledgement both of whence our blessings have come in the past and of the only One who can ensure such blessings in the future, should we be willing to repent and follow Him.
The Choice is Yours
There are plenty of verses that bear out the idea that we must make a choice:
- “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance.” (Psalm 33:12)
- “If you fear the LORD and serve Him and obey His voice, and if you do not rebel against the command of the LORD, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the LORD your God, then all will be well. But if you disobey the LORD and rebel against His command, then the hand of the LORD will be against you as it was against your fathers.” (1 Samuel 12:14-15)
- “Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.” (Joshua 24:14)
- “Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.” (1 Samuel 12:24)
- “But if you refuse to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24:15)
- “Then Elijah approached all the people and said, “How long will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him. But if Baal is God, follow him.” (1 Kings 18:21)
- “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” (Matthew 6:24)
Won’t you join me in praying that the LORD will help us, individually and as a nation, to make the right choice? That He would give us the grace to turn back before it’s too late? That He would bless us with eyes that see, ears that hear, and a heart that is determined to obey Him, whatever the cost?
More to Color:
I hope you enjoy this week’s coloring page. If you like to color, then come back again next Sunday for a new one. To download any of the pages I’ve published in the past, simply follow this link: Free Christian Coloring Pages.
If you’d prefer a bound collection, check out my Color the Word series. I designed these richly detailed, Scripture-based coloring books with grown-ups in mind. But they can be enjoyed by all ages. They’re even available in Spanish!
For those who enjoy journaling as well as coloring, my devotional journals offer the best of both worlds. Now with thirteen titles to choose from.
Today’s coloring page was originally published in God Bless America, my devotional journal for people who love this country and long to see her become great again. To check it out, simply click on the graphic below.
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!