This free printable In God We Trust coloring page features the official motto of the United States. You can find it minted on our coins and printed on our currency. And — for the time being — you can also see it emblazoned on license plates in the state of Mississippi.
But trusting in God a recurrent theme throughout Scripture, as well. Scores of Bible verses enumerate the blessings associated with trusting in God. Just read through the following examples:
- “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.” (Psalm 118:8)
- “I will say to the LORD, “You are my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” (Psalm 91:2)
- “Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.” (Psalm 40:4)
- “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.” (Psalm 62:8)
- “Some trust in chariots and others in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.” (Psalm 20:7)
- “Trust in the LORD and do good; live in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will do it.”
Far more important than putting “In God we trust” on our money is living it out day by day, moment by moment. It’s not enough to be the official motto of our country, we need to make it the overarching theme of our lives, Not collectively, as a nation, but consciously, as individuals.
More to Color
I hope you enjoy this week’s coloring page. If you like to color, then come back again next Sunday for a new one. To download any of the pages I’ve published in the past, simply follow this link: Free Christian Coloring Pages.
If you’d prefer a bound collection, check out my Color the Word series. I designed these richly detailed, Scripture-based coloring books with grown-ups in mind. But they can be enjoyed by all ages. They’re even available in Spanish!
For those who enjoy journaling as well as coloring, my devotional journals offer the best of both worlds. Now with twelve titles to choose from.Or maybe you’d prefer a bound volume. Today’s coloring page was originally published in God Bless America, pictured in the center of the line-up below.
Packed with inspiring thoughts from our founding fathers and other great Americans and related Bible verses on every topic, this journal will inspire you to think deeply about what it means to be a citizen of this great country. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten?
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!
Leave a Reply