The Liberty and Virtue coloring page I’m sharing today comes to you from the flight lounge of an airport in Colorado Springs on what promises to be the busiest weekend for travel since COVID hit in 2020.
It’s a good thing I brought my laptop along on this trip, as I’m currently waiting out an 8-hour layover, assuming no further delays.
But tomorrow is Independence Day, a day set aside for celebrating the freedoms with which we’ve all been endowed by our Creator and which America’s founding fathers so wisely strove to preserve and protect.
It was a smart move, for as Daniel Webster observed, “A country cannot subsist well without liberty, nor liberty without virtue.”
He was right on both counts. Benjamin Rush made a similar statement: “Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us.” Both these sentiments underscore the importance of morals and integrity, as does the Word of God. Consider, for example, the high praise given to virtue in the following verses:
- “For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith virtue; and to virtue, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.” (2 Peter 1:5-7)
- “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)
- “…clothe yourselves with hearts of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with one another and forgive any complaint you may have against someone else. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which is the bond of perfect unity.” (Colossians 3:12-14)
More American Heritage Printables
Want more fun printables for folks who love America and long for it to be great again? You can download all you want through the links below:
- American Heritage Printables – browse through all of our past patriotic posts
- Fourth of July Coloring Pages – download a wide selection of pages celebrating American independence
- President’s Day Printables – a collection of coloring pages that feature quotes from our past commanders-in-chief
Or maybe you’d prefer a bound volume. If so, check out my devotional journals. The one in the center of the lineup below, God Bless America, was made just for patriotic citizens like you.
Packed with inspiring thoughts from our founding fathers and other great Americans, this journal will inspire you to think deeply about what it means to be a citizen of this great country. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten? Consider how you feel about these matters and use the space provided to write down your thoughts.
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!