I’m using Mondays to clear out my inbox. This week’s question comes from a fellow creative wanting to know where I find the vintage clipart I use in my devotional journals and free printables. I’ve gotten enough similar requests for information over the years that I decided to publish my response here, in case other readers may be interested, as well:
I love the vintage graphics. would you mind sharing where you got them from? I would like to make my own printables.
I’m happy to share, Anita. The majority of the graphics I use come from one or more of the following five sources:
- The Graphics Fairy – She publishes lots of vintage clipart and photos on her main blog, but also has a membership site that allows me unlimited use of the collection, even in commercial projects.
- Old Design Shop – She offers a much smaller but still excellent selection of vintage and retro clipart easily searchable by subject.
- The Hungry Jpeg – This is my go-to source for unique fonts to use in my graphic art, but it also offers a wide array of clipart. Most of their products are for purchase, but they offer a new freebie every Wednesday.
- Masterclips 101,000 Premium Images Collection – My husband bought me this huge CD library of royalty-free and public domain photos and clipart which he found at Office Max on clearance for $9.99 about 25 years ago.
- My own mind — Some of the artwork I use is original and hand-drawn. This is especially true of many the free printable coloring pages I share on this website.
I know Anita is not the only creative that reads my blog. Some of my readers are would be or practicing bloggers, aspiring or published authors, and of course lots and lots of homeschool moms who may or may not also run a home business.
So, in case you’re interested, I wanted to mention the fact my friend Ruth Soukup is offering a free webinar tonight. In fact, Ultimate Bundles is hosting two of these webinars today with two popular bloggers. They are filling up fast, but if you act quickly, you may still be able to grab a spot for one or both of them. Sign up here: