Today’s coloring page is in honor of “Forgiveness Day” — which, according to some calendars I found on the Internet, is June 26 (TODAY!). I must admit that there were a few conflicting dates listed on other sites. Some put this holiday on July 7. Some on the first Sunday in August.
My attitude is, why wait? If you are harboring bitterness, resentment, and unforgiveness in your heart, there is no time like the present to unburden yourself by extending forgiveness.
Please do this without delay — whether the person who offended you asks for it or not. Learning to forgive freely is foundational to finding happiness in life.
I think that’s one reason the Bible stresses the importance of forgiveness so frequently:
- “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)
- “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” (Matthew 6:14)
- “But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” (Mark 11:25)
- “Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.” (Luke 6:37)
- “Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
I hope you’ll think about these verses as you color this week’s printable… and, if you are holding anything against anybody, I pray you won’t wait another day to make amends and extend forgiveness.