My daughter and I are attending a Mother-Daughter Retreat with a group of friends from our homeschool co-op this weekend. Upon our arrival, we each received a gift bag filled with all sorts of goodies contributed by the organizers of the event, including these pretty printable Bible Memory Cards I designed for the occasion.
Hiding God’s word in my heart and in the hearts of my children is one of my main goals for the new year, so I was happy to volunteer when the event organizers asked for help with this project.
The set includes 16 of my favorite Bible verses, including the following gems:
- “Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart.” – Psalm 37:4
- “For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “If we confess our sins, He isfaithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:9
- “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.” – Philippians 4:4
I hope you’ll enjoy and use this resource. In this day and age when Scripture is often taken out of context and cited to support all kinds of wrong thinking, it is more important than ever that we are intimately familiar with God’s Word and examine everything we hear in light of it.