It’s been awhile since I’ve published one of my “Scripture Sunday” coloring pages, but today seemed like a great day to begin that tradition afresh. Pretty coloring pages, like good books, are better when shared, so here is this week’s printable.
This coloring page draws its inspiration from 1 Thessalonians 2:8.
Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.
It is one of several vintage art prints I used in my newest devotional journal, Count Your Blessings. Don’t you think it’s pretty?
I firmly believe the sentiment expressed: Good books are even better when shared! That’s one reason I share my monthly reading lists on this blog. You can also find short reviews of many of my recent reads on Instagram under the hashtag #flandersfamilyreads.
But the book I want to tell you about today is extra special to me, because it was written by a dear friend about an even dearer friend. 🙂 The title of the book is The Sweet Gospel, the author is Mandy Ballard, and the subject is the Lord Jesus Christ and His incredible, sacrificial love for us!
Oh, How Sweet to Trust in Jesus!
This book project has been in the works for some time now, and it is so satisfying to finally see it in print! I love Mandy’s heart for the gospel. It runs so deep that she is even donating all the proceeds from the sale of her book to HeartCry Missionary Society in order to help spread the Good News of Christ’s redemptive love to those who’ve never heard.
Of course, ANY time is the right time to savor the Good News of the Gospel, but it seems particularly fitting to do so during this present season of Thanksgiving and Advent. And if good books are better when shared, Thanksgiving is a great time to share The Sweet Gospel with others, as well.
If you haven’t already tasted the sweet gospel yourself, I pray you’ll accept the wonderful gift God offers you today, then spend the rest of your life savoring it and sharing it with others:
- “Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” – Psalm 34:8
- “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
- “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” – Romans 10:9
Count Your Blessings — More Good Books worth Sharing
For more information about my new book, Count Your Blessings or any of the other devotional journals in this series, simply click through the following links.
- Joy to the World: A Devotional Journal for Advent
- How Do I Love Thee: A Devotional Journal for Wives
- Count Your Blessings: A Devotional Journal for Thanksgiving
- Be Still My Soul: A Devotional Journal for Boys
- Bread of Heaven: A Devotional Journal for Culinary Artists
- All Things Bright & Beautiful: A Devotional Journal for Nature Lovers
- Moment by Moment: A Devotional Journal for Girls
- Because He Lives: A Devotional Journal for Easter
- God Bless America: A Devotional Journal for Patriots
- Sweet Child of Mine: A Devotional Journal for Moms
- Blessed Assurance: A Devotional Journal for Fruitful Living
Mandy joins me in wishing you a richly meaningful season of thanksgiving for Christ and all the sweet, countless blessings that knowing Him affords!