Since June 12 is the birthday of our 41st president, it seems the perfect time to share this George Bush quote coloring page featuring the elder George’s thoughts on education:
“Education is not complete unless we teach our children not only how to read and write but the difference between right and wrong.”
Truer words were never spoken. Not only is our educational system failing to teach school children the difference between right and wrong, it is actively promoting the notion that no such difference exists. That there are no absolutes. That truth is relative. That what is right for you may not be right for me, and vice versa.
This has done a great disservice to the generations of children taught such utter hogwash and to the society of which they are a key part. If there is no absolute truth, if there is no God, if there is no purpose for our being here on this earth, is there any wonder that we have sky rocketing rates of mental illness, childhood depression, suicide, and the like?
Once the foundation is completely eroded, should we be shocked or surprised to see the entire building collapse? Doesn’t the Bible promise we will reap what we sow? (Galatians 6:7)
There’s Still Hope
Yet where there is life, there is hope. And that hope can be found in God alone, our Creator and the Author of Absolute Truth. His Word tells us how we should proceed from here:
- “Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.” (Acts 3:19)
- “For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.” (2 Corinthians 7:10)
- “Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the LORD, and He will have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.” (Isaiah 55:6-7)
- “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.” (Isaiah 45:22)
More American Heritage Printables
Want more fun printables for folks who love America and long for it to be great again? You can browse through all of our past patriotic posts by following this link: American Heritage Printables. And for more great quotes from our past commanders-in-chief, check out this President’s Day post.
Or maybe you’d prefer a bound volume. If so, check out my devotional journals. The one in the center of the lineup below, God Bless America, was made just for patriotic citizens like you.
Packed with inspiring thoughts from our founding fathers and other great Americans, this journal will inspire you to think deeply about what it means to be a citizen of this great country. What is our responsibility to the rest of the world? How do we ensure the guiding principles on which our nation was established are never forgotten? Consider how you feel about these matters and use the space provided to write down your thoughts.
PLEASE NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of those links, we may receive a small referral fee, at no extra cost to you. Such fees help defray the cost of running this website. This, in turn, allows us to continue offering our readers a wealth of FREE printable resources. So thank you for your support!